Saturday, May 10, 2014

Restart

I started this blog nearly a year ago.  When I realized that a combination of factors was allowing me to pile the weight on.  I got it.  But I didn't get it.

Today, May 10, 2014 I weigh 250 pounds.  That's an outrageous number.  That's what I weighed when I was 9 months pregnant.  I can't blame this weight on my pregnancy.  First, my baby is 2.  Second, I lost all that baby weight rather quickly.

What did cause my weight gain?

  • Not putting the effort into eating right
  • Making several hundred excuses and rationalizing everything.  
  • Eating all of my feelings
Last year I was stressed about money, stressed about life in general and pressed for time.  Since that time I've gotten a new job with a higher salary, but a worse commute and my husband lost his job. All that equals stress.  I've dealt with that stress with pizza, tacos and more pizza.  In fact, I was beyond thrilled that I found a place where I can get a slice of pizza and a pop for $3.78.  Hey!  That's even affordable.  And I feel some kind of odd comfort in being able to sit in a restaurant and read.  Very odd.  In fact, I think I'm partially addicted to that as well.  

The truth is, I've been lazy.  I've juggled the other things in my life and just let this one go.  It's warm and I have only a hand full of things that I can fit.  This isn't ok.  My weight isn't ok.  The fact that I'm getting winded because of all of this extra weight isn't ok.  I have to do better.  Eating better is actually not that hard for me, yet I don't do it.  I need to kick my own ass.  

At the beginning of the year I said I wanted to lose 50 pounds by my birthday in September.  I've made 0 progress on this goal.  

So I'm back to charting.  I joined Weight Watchers a while ago, now it's all about actually tracking the points.   I'm going to get in some cardio as well, even though I hate cardio with a passion.  I have to do this.  If I don't do this now, I'm going to be one of those women who struggle to walk, who have miserable existences at 45.  That can not be my life.  I can do better.  I will do better.   And I will keep myself accountable here.  

I welcome your comments and support.  

Pics, measurements come on Monday, May 12th.  I'm ready.  

4 comments: